Menu

Anyone using or have a review of CK12 Algebra?

Not so much a review, but I've switched to using it with a few other materials. I like the layout and the explanations are easier for ds to understand. We started the year using Singapore's Discovering Math and I found the explanations lacking. We've used Singapore in the past with good success, yet we were both frustrated.

The first edition of CK12 has a TE and in the student text the review questions have answers. The second edition is categorized better, in my non expert opinion. It has review questions for each section, but no answers. I e-mailed for the answer key just this weekend and have not heard back yet. The first edition is over 900 pages, the second just over 600.

My only concern so far is that the review questions may not be enough and I don't think there are chapter tests.

I am merging it with worksheets from yourteacher.com to add more problems and some tests. I also have a few (understatement) algebra texts that I can pull additional problems from if necessary.

We've only completed chapter 2 so far (chapter 1 is stuff we've already covered) and I like how ds is responding to it. He doesn't enjoy math, he's been good at it in the past, but we've discovered a few gaps. I'm also trying to get him to work more independently and CK12 seems to speak in a way he understands.

Not so much a review, but I've switched to using it with a few other materials. I like the layout and the explanations are easier for ds to understand. We started the year using Singapore's Discovering Math and I found the explanations lacking. We've used Singapore in the past with good success, yet we were both frustrated.

The first edition of CK12 has a TE and in the student text the review questions have answers. The second edition is categorized better, in my non expert opinion. It has review questions for each section, but no answers. I e-mailed for the answer key just this weekend and have not heard back yet. The first edition is over 900 pages, the second just over 600.

My only concern so far is that the review questions may not be enough and I don't think there are chapter tests.

I am merging it with worksheets from yourteacher.com to add more problems and some tests. I also have a few (understatement) algebra texts that I can pull additional problems from if necessary.

We've only completed chapter 2 so far (chapter 1 is stuff we've already covered) and I like how ds is responding to it. He doesn't enjoy math, he's been good at it in the past, but we've discovered a few gaps. I'm also trying to get him to work more independently and CK12 seems to speak in a way he understands.

Lion: they have always been very responsive to me when I've asked for the tests, quizzes and answers for their materials. I am sure you will hear from them soon. If not, I am pretty sure I have it all, I could send it to you.

OP: we have this on hand and will probably be using it along with some other material. Khan Academy has a section of worked problems for CK12 as well, which is always nice.