Menu

Book ideas for my precocious 10yo niece?

My niece's birthday (she is turning 10yo) is coming up & I always like to send her a couple of books. She's quite an advanced reader for her age & reads a lot, so I like to find some fabulous new or different books that she may not have yet discovered.

In the past, I've sent her books like illustrated versions of The Hobbit, The Secret Garden, Pippi Longstocking, Where the Mountain Meets the Moon, Don Quixote, etc.... She's also already read books like Rushdie's Haroun stories....

I'd love to find a fiction & a non-fiction book to send her. Any genre/any topic. Any ideas???? :001_smile::bigear:

(For fiction, I'm currently considering either "East" by Edith Pattou or "The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie" by Alan Bradley. I have no ideas for non-fiction books at this point.)

Thanks!

Edited by Stacia

My 10 yr old dd favorite book is the Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett. I enjoyed it too!

And the sequels.

My 10yo precocious reader enjoyed East.

Edited by nmoira

If she hasn't read The Penderwicks books, I'd give her all three. She may just find a kindred spirit there.

Edited by nmoira