Menu

Paleo/Primal folks -- what to do with a turkey breast?

So whole turkey breasts were on a huge sale the other day, so I bought one and roasted it. Now I have a big roasted turkey breast and need something to do with it. What paleo/primal friendly ideas do you have? It's probably at least two, maybe three, meals' worth of meat. I'll freeze it in big chunks. We already eat a lot of chicken, so I don't just want to use it in a regular chicken recipe. I'm just not having any good inspirations right now, other than turkey and (not-really-paleo-friendly) gravy.

Shredded BBQ. But otherwise I use it just like chicken. I don't care for turkey so I always have it in something with a heavie sauce or seasonings. But BBQ is one of my favorites or just on top of salads. I freeze what I can't eat in 2-3 meals because I get tired of it (or anything over and over) quickly.

I like using turkey in chili. I'm not paleo so I use beans, too, but still - using both ground turkey and leftover cooked turkey gives a great texture to the chili.

i like it in enchiladas too . . . there's got to be some sort of low carb way to do enchiladas?

Turkey soup. Onions, celery, parsley, sage, garlic, carrots, mushrooms. Are you allowed to have wild rice on a Paleo diet? If so, you can put that in too.

Curried turkey with apples and onions.

Mmmm, I think soup is going to win. The chunks I froze are just about perfect for soup. Paleo or not, I might just have to do the wild rice, yum!

Thanks for the other ideas too, everyone -- I'm sure we'll have more turkey around Thanksgiving, so I can use the other ideas then!