Jump to content


What's the term for this?

Recommended Posts

Consonance is the repetition of consonant sounds. Alliteration is repetition of the initial consonant sound. Assonance is the repetition of internal vowel sounds. Is there a term for repetition of initial vowel sounds? Thanks.


I thought alliteration would include initial vowel sounds also?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...