Menu

Scheduling Apologia Biology

Hello all. This year my oldest is doing the Apologia Biology (2nd edition) anyways, I'm wondering what a good schedule , if anyone has one , would be to get this done in a timely manner. Its a HUGE book. :tongue_smilie:

How did you schedule the modules?

Trying to figure this out so she has a good experience with it. I wish they had a DVD like they do for their physics. Can't afford their online classes right now either. No coops in our area either.

http://www.virtualhomeschoolgroup.com is free and is accepting new students for module 9 which starts in Oct. Biology modules can be done in any order except for modules 5-8.

MFW also has nice plans, but my dc have found the online class to be much more interesting. They began with module 4 and will stay in the class until they complete all 16 modules.

Edited by Lori in MS

www.virtualhomeschoolgroup.com is free and is accepting new students for module 9 which starts in Oct. Biology modules can be done in any order except for modules 5-8.

:iagree: -- We *love* VHSG...

We used the schedule from Core Foundations (http://corefoundations.wordpress.com/scheds-math-science/) for Biology and many other sciences. I know I found it on this forum, so whoever posted originally, THANK YOU.

:iagree: -- we used the schedule from Core Foundations before we found VHSG.

Hello all. This year my oldest is doing the Apologia Biology (2nd edition) anyways, I'm wondering what a good schedule , if anyone has one , would be to get this done in a timely manner. Its a HUGE book. :tongue_smilie:

How did you schedule the modules?

Trying to figure this out so she has a good experience with it. I wish they had a DVD like they do for their physics. Can't afford their online classes right now either. No coops in our area either.

If you're not able to find what you need/like, I just made up our schedule we went.

Using 2 weeks per module (except for chapter 6 - I allowed three weeks), I allowed 1 day for test, 2 for the Study Guide, depending (occasionally 3 days). Then divided up the remaining chapter by however many days I had left out of the 2 weeks. I counted up the pages, and estimated how many per day, and tried to find good stopping points that covered about that many pages. Some days might be mostly doing an experiment unless you are doing them all in one day w/ friends or something.

We don't have a co-op, but a couple of cousins and a few friends come do experiments with us here once every 2 weeks. So I allow a day for that also and divide the module up by 6 days.

I have found some videos on youtube to go along w/ Biology, and I posted them for the kids in my "class" to view at home. Hope you might be able to use them. :)

The tabs are at the top.

http://homeschoolersresources.blogspot.com/

Edited by Marty