Menu

Are the DVDs useful for Analytical Grammar?

We have used AG with two students and did not use the dvds. The student and teacher books are all you need. Excellent results, btw.

:iagree: Used this for two students with great success and both quickly were able to move through it almost independently without dvds.

Thanks, everyone. You made biting the $95 bullet a bit easier.

We will forgo the DVDs and I'll be ready for the teacher intensiveness but gladly surprised when it isn't :) Just kidding.

To each his own when it comes to curricula, that's for sure.

I'm looking forward to breaking free from Rod and Staff, if even for a season.

Thanks again.

We didn't find it parent intensive either. Our children worked the lessons, asked for help if they needed it, and I checked the work. Both times we used AG, we worked through all of the seasons in a little over a year. After AG, we moved on to foreign languages and formal grammar instruction for high school was over.

I loved the DVD's, but also feel the program would have worked as well without them. They offer no more instruction than the notes in the book.

For ds, it was a great introduction to having someone other than mom teach a lesson. He was 100% responsible for his own class. He is an aspie, and has trouble with that skill.

All I did was correct the work. If I saw recurring issues, I would require him to re-watch the section and do extra practice (that rarely happened).

I love AG!