Menu

In what order does ETC introduce letters?

GalmiBorn

I'm trying to put together some preschool materials for my dd3. I downloaded Wee Folk Art material which has the first quarter introducing letters lined up with Get Ready for the Code but then back to alphabetical in the second quarter. Can anyone help me with that order that may already have those books?

I'm wanting to get organized with her school things so that it might actually make it into my day while schooling the other three. Not exactly sure how that is going to work.

Thanks.

In my opinion, it's too much writing for a 3 year old. My almost 5-year-old dabbles with the books, but it's still difficult for her to do much of the writing.

I'd skip ETC until her fine motor skills are ready for the handwriting portion. I'd look at Letter of the Week by Confessions of a Homeschooler. You could skip around to whatever letter you wanted that way, and there's not much writing.

Lana

If you are using it with a 3yo, you may just want to have her trace the letters with her finger.

:iagree:

I'm using it with mine and the writing is a bit much. However, DS does like the "trace" (aka scribble on) each letter with his pencil. He has no desire to even try to write the letter on the lines, even though he tells me he wants to learn how to write. However, the rest of the program is good. There is more than just letter writing, there is letter sounds, match the letter to the picture and idenfying the picture that is different.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll hold off until next year for more official 'learning to write your letters' type stuff. I'm finding it hard to find a 3 year old curriculum that works for us and I just don't have to time or energy to put one together myself! I think I'll just do the letters in order, and make a ABC book in a binder. Its the added fun stuff that I have a hard time getting accomplished. Ohh well. Thanks ladies.