Menu

What are the pros/cons of using DIVE cds?

I considered the math cds as they go along with our Saxon books, but the religious content was a deal-killer for us--I want a math course, not a theology one. It would be one thing if the text was also religious (as with their other content), but that's not the case with Saxon, so I had had hopes. We've opted instead for a combo of the Art Reed videos for instruction supplementation and the solutions manual for worked out problems.

Stylistically, I prefer a dvd that shows the teacher rather than just the whiteboard (this is an issue with Saxon Teacher and Khan Academy, as well).

Edited by KarenNC

We have used Biology and Chemistry, and my dds have loved them. No, they aren't super entertaining or flashy, but they have very interesting content, and he brings a lot to the discussion. He obviously loves the material, and I want my dc to learn from people who are passionate about the subject (like with VideoText, as well.) Some of it may depend on what your dc are used to; he's academic, and even funny in that way at times, and my dc like that.

We used them with BJU texts, and they worked great.

And, as Karen said, they are definitely from a Christian POV.