Menu

I need a Chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe

I believe this is a Dunkin Hines or Betty Crocker recipe... [Quick story behind why I use this recipe: When I was a kid, my grandmother used to buy these amazing double chocolate chip cookies by Nabisco. But Nabisco stopped making them. I searched, as an adult, for a recipe for cookies that tasted like those. Never found it until I stumbled upon this recipe.]

1 package devil's food cake mix

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 eggs

1 (6 ounce) bag semisweet choc chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat half of the cake mix, the butter, vanilla, and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, or mix with spoon.

Stir in remaining cake mix and chocolate chips.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set (centers will be soft).

Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

My addition: Before dropping each cookie on the cookie sheet, I roll it around in granulated sugar.

You can also make these as regular chocolate chip cookies with yellow cake mix, but I don't like the way they taste - they taste like flat yellow cake with chocolate chips.

Enjoy!

I believe this is a Dunkin Hines or Betty Crocker recipe... [Quick story behind why I use this recipe: When I was a kid, my grandmother used to buy these amazing double chocolate chip cookies by Nabisco. But Nabisco stopped making them. I searched, as an adult, for a recipe for cookies that tasted like those. Never found it until I stumbled upon this recipe.]

1 package devil's food cake mix

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 eggs

1 (6 ounce) bag semisweet choc chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat half of the cake mix, the butter, vanilla, and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, or mix with spoon.

Stir in remaining cake mix and chocolate chips.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set (centers will be soft).

Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

My addition: Before dropping each cookie on the cookie sheet, I roll it around in granulated sugar.

You can also make these as regular chocolate chip cookies with yellow cake mix, but I don't like the way they taste - they taste like flat yellow cake with chocolate chips.

Enjoy!

These look great and easy, too! Thanks :)

I just wanted to add that my mom adds a package of instant vanilla pudding to her recipe and they are the most moist ever. Of course, there are bound to be healthier recipes out there with more whole food ingredients. I mean, I think she uses shortening too.

I always make sure I don't overcook mine, and they're great -- but I make chocolate chip pan cookies because it's so much easier!