Menu

Did anyone get their first Magic School Bus Science Club kit in the mail yet??

BatmansWife

We just got the 52 episodes on DVD yesterday and my dd is loving them. I just saw the deal on the science kits at HSBC. I'm reeaaaalllly tempted. The price is basically $10 per monthly kit for a year. It says something about the kits coming in an envelope each month. What about all the "stuff" inside....could they get crushed? I am so close to hittin' the buy button. Either talk me into it or talk me down. :001_smile:

Either talk me into it or talk me down. :001_smile:

I asked about these a little while ago here, you'll have to read the other thread that was linked. I was talked down, but I have the extra expense of getting them to Australia. If I was in the US I might have done it anyway.

ETA: One of the reviews at the beginning of the thread is referring to the amazon kits (or you can get them through RR) and not the HSBC kits, the later reviews are talking about the HSBC kits.

Edited by skeeterbug

I bought it- even if the kits are cheap-y stuff, it's stuff I don't have to assemble myself. It will get done, because *poof* it's there. For 10 bucks, it will be easy, the kids will be THRILLED to get it in the mail. And we formed a "science club" with our friends who also got the kits, and that will be SO much fun to do them together.

(edit to add we haven't received ours yet)

Thank you everyone. I read the link which took me to more links..... Seems like some like them and some don't. Hard to tell which one I'd be. I agree that I could problably find a lot of the items myself....but then I'd have this pile of items I'd be staring at and wondering what do I do with this stuff now??

Elfknitter, Shannon, and Bugsmama (and anyone else getting the club kits soon)...please report back here next week when your kits arrive to give a little review...even if you haven't had time to do any of the experiments. The sale ends in a few weeks and I'd like to get your opinion on what you think of your first package. Thanks!

Kit 1 arrived today. I do have pics, but it's a bit late so hopefully baby monkey will let me upload them in the morning. It arrived in a thick, plastic envelope and has a cute MSB label on the front. My first impression was that it seems thin for a "kit". There's a brochure for the 7 different experiments. The additional materials were in a separate plastic bag. On the one hand there isn't much for the water envelope. However, on the other I don't have a pipette, test tube, or short bit of plastic tubing lying around the house. The brochure has all of the MSB characters on the pages. The pages have space to write in observations, so for multiple children you could easiy photocopy these. With 7 experiments, we could do 2/ week or 2 in a day, once per week. We've already studied water ad nauseam by now, so this will just be fun review. I can see these being more of a supplemental item (which was my intention, especially since you have no choice on the order of the shipments.) The monkeys are excited, so we'll probably try an experiment or two later this week.

Thank you so much for remembering to post about this elfknitter! I appreciate it. I am still so undecided about what to do. We are going to be using RSO Life with the experiment kit from Home Training Tools. Then we are getting the Discover & Do DVD's from Sonlight, with the science kits. I also have sitting in boxes all of the Home Science Adventures from when my big kids were little. I keep telling myself I really don't need this too :lol: .......but, it's hard because it's MSB and my dd loves the DVD's. :blush: