Menu

If you use Memoria Press Latin...

KrissiK

The Form series is a recent development. The progression used to be LC1, LC2, then Henle.

My elder dd completed LC1 and LC2. Then she did "bridge" lessons from First Form before starting Second Form. She bogged down during Second Form and never finished. Looking back, I wish I'd had her start Henle instead of using the Form series. The format of Henle is more in line with her learning style, I think, but I didn't realize it at the time.

I think MP has a chart of their current recommendations for progressing through the LC &/or Forms texts on their website.

I am planning on following the way that MP recommends and skipping LC II (I have heard it isn't as good as LC I) and moving into FFL in 4th grade. I will continue with the Form series (I LOVE IT and did FFL myself to teach myself Latin) until it starts to move too slowly for my child. Then I will move into Henle a little early. I am hoping to start Henle in 6th or 7th.