Menu

What should I do with this big ol' bulletin board?

helena

I have two, one is for poetry study (at eye level), the other is above our piano.

It measures about 46"x34"

I love my bulletin boards, but this one... I'm just never making the most of it.

My poetry board is great. I prep everything in the summer. I print and mount poetry and other little things for each month. I put up colored paper and a boarder.

I'd like to do something similar with this one. I've thought about doing something geography related, science concepts for memory, artist study... I just don't know.

I'd like to change it out monthly.

Soooo... creative poeple???? :bigear::bigear::bigear:

Any good ideas?

:001_smile:

Well I've been wanting to do this: http://thepioneerwoman.com/homeschooling/2010/11/make-geography-come-alive-with-wall-maps/ -- but place the maps side by side. For a single board modification, how about a smaller map with either labels or little picture discs like FIAR sends to mark the settings of the books. My kids love maps.

Thanks! I'm off to check out Pioneer Woman. What's FAIR?

I found a set of maps that I bought years ago. They've been tucked away and still look new... Maybe I should use those?

I also found some "Color Your Own" art coloring books. I could use those to do an art study board...

:bigear:

FIAR- five in a row

Id make a chalkboard out of it. See if you can get a piece of plexiglass or similar from HomeDepot, Craigslist or Freecycle and then paint it with homemade chalkboard paint. :)

How to make a chalkboard

Ah! Five in a Row, I never put those two together.

I love chalkboards! Last year I bought a nice set of chalk and a big blackboard at a Waldorf company. The kids then told me that their teeth hurt when they write with chalk. :glare:

Ah! Five in a Row, I never put those two together.

I love chalkboards! Last year I bought a nice set of chalk and a big blackboard at a Waldorf company. The kids then told me that their teeth hurt when they write with chalk. :glare:

Maybe make homemade chalk and then their teeth wont hurt? lol

We are about to start a project related to our book club using a big bulletin board. My kids are going to illustrate their favorite characters from the books we're reading this year (individual reading, history, lit, bedtime read-alouds, whatever...doesn't matter to me). I've cut out a bunch of cardstock paper doll shapes and the kids are illustrating them. I think I might have them write a sentence or two on the back explaining why that character was a favorite...still debating that. At the end of the year, we will have a sort of yearbook snapshot of some of our best-loved characters.