Menu

Bible for Junior High ?

Suzybearybake

In the past we have used Kay Arthur's Discover for Yourself Bible Studies for Kids. We have gone through the entire series and now are not sure what curriculum to use for junior high. He is not really into workbooks but, really enjoyed the inductive approach. What do you use for Bible in the uppper grades? Most of the materials that I have found are either geared toward elementary grades or high school. What does one use with a seventh grader?

We've used the Explorer's Bible study for the last two years and have really enjoyed it. It is workbook based, but we use it as a jumping off point for more indepth study. Granted, our ds is only 8, but he's learned quite a bit. I like that they don't gloss over the "hard" stuff, even in the lower elementary levels.

HTH

Shari

I highly recommend Explorer's. It is definitely inductive in nature, although it does not include the manuscript study component that the Precepts materials do. (Manuscript study is marking directly into the Bible text.) Your ds could probably do the Quest studies just fine. The series includes both the Bible study and commentary-style notes for each week. I have really been impressed with their quality.

My experience has taught me that jr. high and high school kids can comfortably handle most "adult" studies.