Menu

Well, we tried. . .

We drove an hour into the mountains to try and see the Perseid meteor shower tonight. We saw beautiful stars and could even see a bit of the milky way. But we didn't see a single meteor. We were in a clearing in a state park away from lights but there were trees blocking our views closer to the horizon so we had to mostly look straight up.

We drove an hour into the mountains to try and see the Perseid meteor shower tonight. We saw beautiful stars and could even see a bit of the milky way. But we didn't see a single meteor. We were in a clearing in a state park away from lights but there were trees blocking our views closer to the horizon so we had to mostly look straight up.

I'm just so jealous you were able to see the Milky Way!! I haven't seen it since Hurricane Wilma blew through and knocked all the lights out. :p

I didn't get to see the meteor shower here either. Too cloudy. :(

Wasn't that incredible!! Just thinking about it still literally takes my breath away. The night sky was amazing, just amazing.

Oh yes! It truly was. It was no fun to be without electricity for 2 and a half weeks, but the night sky almost made it worth it. :D