Menu

We have a new dog :-o...

our neighbor found a pug in his back yard, which is really just an open lot on the block. He's already dogsitting a friend's dog along with his own two dogs, so this one is staying at our house tonight, and tomorrow we'll see if we can find the dog's owner.

She's an older pug, well fed and clean, and clearly used to being in the house. We'll call some people in the neighborhood tomorrow; she can't have come far.

Just as I submitted the reply, there was a knock on my front door, and my neighbor was standing there with the pug's owner. Seems one of her dc had left the gate open and "Max" had gotten out.

Also, seems that Max is a he, not a she. I can't believe I didn't notice that, but the neighbor who brought him over said "she" and I just went along with it. Sheesh.

Anyway, Max is deaf so his owner couldn't call him. She was driving slowly down the street looking for him, and the neighbor saw her and waved her down.

Whew! I'm so glad Max is home!

Good luck finding the owner! Do you think it might have a dog chip beneath its skin?

As it turns out, Max was a rescue, so he might very well have had a chip.

I don' t know if there's a way to know that without taking him to a shelter or to the vet :-o