Menu

whining (female content), need empathy

I am so tired of perimenopause. My cycles are all.over.the.place. I just started again on day 17. Before that was a nice day 29 start that was nice and smooth. Before that was 23 days. Before that was 72. Ugh......

I'm 50 and on a VERY low dose of bio-identical estrogen and progesterone. The doc said the dose was way too low to regulate my cycles but it is affective for preventing migraines, insomnia, anxiety, etc.,etc.,etc. It has improved my quality of life but not my cycles.

Last month we ran a bunch of labs and all are within range (many smack in the middle of range) except testosterone which was low. We added a very low dose in hopes of improving energy.

In the past 3 years I've had several ultrasounds, a biopsy, paps, and exams. The very good news is that they are all perfectly normal.

In other words, I'm normal for my age and stage, but my period is crazy! All my IRL gfs are either way too young (still having babies) or didn't have any trouble at all entering menopause. I could use some perspective, sympathy, empathy, and suggestions...........

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I'm only 36, but I truly do understand. I've been in what my doctors have termed "perimenopause" for a few years now. I can't take any kind of hormone replacement due to severe migraines. I take soy supplements to help with the hot flashes. That has helped to make life bearable. That and wine. :D

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I'm only 36, but I truly do understand. I've been in what my doctors have termed "perimenopause" for a few years now. I can't take any kind of hormone replacement due to severe migraines. I take soy supplements to help with the hot flashes. That has helped to make life bearable. That and wine. :D

Hrt was the ONLY thing that stopped the severe migraines. I was having 2, sometimes 3, a month that completly took me out of action for a few days each. This all started at 42.

:grouphug: I couldn't believe it when I looked up perimenopause for some symptoms I was experiencing and saw just.how.long.it could last. UGH.

I totally get where you are coming from.

8 years and counting for me! The doc said "I'm closer than I was, but I could still have 2-5 YEARS to go"

Yes, he tested TSH, T4, T3, thyroid antibody, etc., etc. TSH was smack in the middle of normal range. The others were also in range and ratio.

I'm glad you were tested for antibodies. I was not and was considered "in range" for years. I was finally tested for the antibodies and given meds until my TSH was in a level that made me feel good and stabilized my cycle.

I'm glad you were tested for antibodies. I was not and was considered "in range" for years. I was finally tested for the antibodies and given meds until my TSH was in a level that made me feel good and stabilized my cycle.

They check my thyroid fairly often - everytime we check hormone levels and it is stable and within range. Several times I've wondered about it with the symptoms I'm having, but the levels are so close to "ideal" it just doesn't warrant any treatment.