Menu

Saxon Math 76 3rd Edition

dojoyates

I am using Saxon Math 76 3rd edition for the first time this year. I have a question and I have looked through all of my material including the book "Using John Saxon's Math Books".

I was looking through the material and the Test forms and noticed that there are tests that don't seem to be associated with any lessons in the textbook. In the Test Forms book they are Tests R-X. Can anyone tell me how to use these tests? Thanks much.

I think what you are talking about are the facts/skills practice tests. They're timed tests that you do along with each lesson, every day, to cement facts and basic skills like simplifying fractions, increasing speed and fluency over time. They're labeled by letters; mine has A-X -- things like "64 addition facts," "30 fractions to reduce," etc. Does that sound like what you mean?

Then there are also numbered tests that you give after every five lessons, to see if the student has mastered the lessons' content.

Well, that is really odd! I have three different versions of Saxon 76 here (our lending library has them), so I looked at them: what is probably the first edition, the third edition that you mentioned, and the Homeschool version. None of them mention facts tests R-X. I have absolutely no idea! Very strange.