Menu

If you want to scrapbook but are afraid...

Too much time, too much money, etc., I urge you to check out Becky Higgins Project Life.

http://www.beckyhiggins.com/videos/

I posted here last year that I wanted to give up scrapbooking because I couldn't keep up and someone pointed me to Project Life. I started in January and, even with having a baby, I have kept up all year!! Go me!! I just felt like sharing!! HTH someone.

Very cool that you just posted -- I was looking at studio organization photos and stumbled on this post:

http://lemingontheedge.com/2012/04/11/studio-organization-part-1-the-beginning/

But then I got sucked into their scrapbooking a little and kept thinking 'wow, I could do something like that - simple yet beautiful'. I might have to look into it just a little more.

Very cool that you just posted -- I was looking at studio organization photos and stumbled on this post:

http://lemingontheedge.com/2012/04/11/studio-organization-part-1-the-beginning/

But then I got sucked into their scrapbooking a little and kept thinking 'wow, I could do something like that - simple yet beautiful'. I might have to look into it just a little more.

There are lots of blogs with PL weekly updates. Some people are super creative! Personally, I don't read any of those because I have zero creative time right now and those blogs will just make me feel bad, kwim? I just print photos, write a caption and move on.

Another question, if you might already have the answer -- are there inspirations for ways people do this without always needing to buy product specific items? Maybe I'm just too frugal at times, always got to think about a way to do it myself. ;)

Digital scrapbook can be pretty frugal, especially since you can use the same kits over and over. The expensive part is the software. If you already have PSE or PS you can start right away. The best part is you don't have to have your own dedicated room or worry about covering the kitchen table with your supplies. :D

Digital scrapbook can be pretty frugal, especially since you can use the same kits over and over. The expensive part is the software. If you already have PSE or PS you can start right away. The best part is you don't have to have your own dedicated room or worry about covering the kitchen table with your supplies. :D

My hang-up with digital is that I save 'things'. I love to include ticket stubs, programs, notes from the kids, little pictures, things like that in my albums. I love doing Shutterfly books for gifts because they are easy and turn out nice. I just can't get past not having a place for my goodies :tongue_smilie:.

Another question, if you might already have the answer -- are there inspirations for ways people do this without always needing to buy product specific items? Maybe I'm just too frugal at times, always got to think about a way to do it myself. ;)

I've never seen it but it can't be that hard, right? Lots of companies make divided photo pocket pages and you can get them a JoAnn's with a coupon or on sale. I don't use Becky Higgins albums because I like solid colors. I buy We R Memory Keepers albums when JoAnn's has a sale. You could get some paper you like, cut it into 4x6 and 3x4 rectangles and go to town!

my foray into digital scrapbooking as a disaster. I think I might try to start up something like this when "school" starts this year. I'm in the middle of reorganizing my craft room right now, so it'll be on hold a minute or two. And will totally just get some of the basic pocket page things. :)

My hang-up with digital is that I save 'things'. I love to include ticket stubs, programs, notes from the kids, little pictures, things like that in my albums. I love doing Shutterfly books for gifts because they are easy and turn out nice. I just can't get past not having a place for my goodies :tongue_smilie:.

You can either keep them at attach them to your digital page once it's printed out. Or you can scan it/take a photo and make it part of your page.

I print my digi pages adnd then attach all the little things I've saved.

I admire those that do it digitally. I thought that would be the answer to having something that looks nice but realized I need less digital hobbies and more handson things. My craft room is progressing smoothly and hope to start doing something soon. And to figure out if my color printer photos will last. It does photo quality but is an inkjet and I know those aren't water proof (not that I plan to view my albums while swimming).

I bought cheap stuff from the stores- clearance + Teachers discounts are AWESOME!

If I could just sell the almost $400 worth of Creative Memories stuff I bought from a friend trying to get her business off the ground, I would be set. :glare::glare::glare:

Do you have any embellishments/stickers that have to do with babies by any chance? I make cards for Mothers Of Angels and im always looking for baby things to decorate the cards