Menu

For Star Wars Nerds

Okay, maybe everyone else in the world remembered this song, but I didn't. I ran into it by accident and called ds in immediately to listen.

It's Star Wars Part 1, as told/sung by Weird Al.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS9DKZNEhPc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

LOL Bye Bye Miss American Pie! hehehe I used to have that on 8 track. :p

is my favorite Weird Al Star Wars parody.

LOL Bye Bye Miss American Pie! hehehe I used to have that on 8 track. :p

is my favorite Weird Al Star Wars parody.

That was funny! I also found "I Think I'm a Clone Now."

Do you think Weird Al loves Star Wars a bit? :lol:

Renmew, have you ever seen
? It's not a parody, but I just LOVE this video. It's all done in stop motion. Really amazing. :)

That was cool! I am going to have ds watch it in the morning.

I have now found that I can update my TomTom with Yoda, C3PO, Darth Vader, and Hans Solo! I didn't know they had all these voices. My sister gaveme the device last year when she upgraded to a smart phone. I am so going to replace the boring lady voice with Yoda tomorrow.

I never thought I'd have the opportunity to discuss my favorite Weird Al song, but since we're sort of on the subject, you know, in a way, here it is:

I Lost on Jeopardy

I heard that again yesterday. I will admit it, okay... I HAVE THE WEIRD AL CHANNEL ON PANDORA! So many are my favorite, but I am partial to his song Melanie, because that is my name.

That was cool! I am going to have ds watch it in the morning.

I have now found that I can update my TomTom with Yoda, C3PO, Darth Vader, and Hans Solo! I didn't know they had all these voices. My sister gaveme the device last year when she upgraded to a smart phone. I am so going to replace the boring lady voice with Yoda tomorrow.

That is HILARIOUS! I would love to have one with Darth Vader's voice. lol

I never thought I'd have the opportunity to discuss my favorite Weird Al song, but since we're sort of on the subject, you know, in a way, here it is:

I Lost on Jeopardy

:lol::lol: I remember that one from MTV hehehehe.

is one of my fave's from Weird Al. The marbles crack me up everytime. hehe

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OMG, is that for real?!

Well, someone took footage of Benny Hinn and put the dialogue from Emperor Palpatine on it and then put in the light saber sounds. I must have seen that video close to a 100 times by now and I still die laughing every time. I love the lightning at the end. :lol:

I couldn't get it to load. Here is my personal favorite, for obvious reasons. Couldn't find an actual video, though, just the song.

Well, someone took footage of Benny Hinn and put the dialogue from Emperor Palpatine on it and then put in the light saber sounds. I must have seen that video close to a 100 times by now and I still die laughing every time. I love the lightning at the end. :lol:

Okay, but if he wasn't actually using a light saber, which I'm guessing he wasn't, what the heck was he doing to those people?!:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd forgotten about that one!

Of course, it pales in comparison to My Bologna and Another One Rides the Bus... ;)

And I may be the only person on the planet who liked King of Suede. :tongue_smilie:

Does anyone else remember This Song's Just 6 Words Long that's a parody of Got My Mind Set On You by George Harrison?

This thread is fun. I hadn't thought about Weird Al since I heard the news story about how his parents died tragically in their home of carbon monoxide poisoning. I thought that was so awful, and he seemed absolutely heartbroken.

I couldn't get it to load. Here is my personal favorite, for obvious reasons. Couldn't find an actual video, though, just the song.

:lol::lol::lol: "are you still mad I gave a mohawk to the cat?" lol I'd never heard that one. Thanks for sharing it. hehe

Of course, it pales in comparison to My Bologna and Another One Rides the Bus... ;)

And I may be the only person on the planet who liked King of Suede. :tongue_smilie:

Does anyone else remember This Song's Just 6 Words Long that's a parody of Got My Mind Set On You by George Harrison?

This thread is fun. I hadn't thought about Weird Al since I heard the news story about how his parents died tragically in their home of carbon monoxide poisoning. I thought that was so awful, and he seemed absolutely heartbroken.

Here it is, just six words long. Ah, the memories:D

Okay, but if he wasn't actually using a light saber, which I'm guessing he wasn't, what the heck was he doing to those people?!:lol:

Ay Benny Hinn. lol I actually went to his church in Orlando once when I was going to Disney just to see if it's as much of a circus as it appears on tv. It's is. lol He touches people and they get "slain in the Spirit" (fall down). In the beginning part of the video where he is holding the light saber, in reality he just touches them with his hand and they fall down. Then he was waving his jacket at them and they were falling down. It cracks me up in the video how the jacket glows red like the light saber. :lol: :lol:

LOL My Bologna was great! hehehe I liked King of Suede too, but I liked the original song as well.

:lol: :lol: I remember that one too. So funny. hehe

Oh no!! I didn't know that. How awful. :(

I truly believe that the world would be a better place if we all watched The Muppet Show on prime time and listened to Weird Al a whole lot more.

LOL I think you may be right. :) I loved the Muppet Show. Animal was my favorite. :p I remember listening to Weird Al on the Dr. Demento radio show before MTV even existed. When MTV came on the scene and he started making videos it brought his songs to a whole new level. Do ya'll remember

. :p

[quote=

Oh no!! I didn't know that. How awful. :(

Yeah, it was very sad. A lot of people came down real hard on him because of it, too. They were still living in the little house in Lynwood where he grew up. I guess people assumed someone as popular, and rich they figured, would move his parents up. He said they wanted to stay, though.

LOL I think you may be right. :) I loved the Muppet Show. Animal was my favorite. :p I remember listening to Weird Al on the Dr. Demento radio show before MTV even existed. When MTV came on the scene and he started making videos it brought his songs to a whole new level. Do ya'll remember
. :p

Which song is this? It's the second link my iPad wouldn't load. I want to see it! None of my friends IRL like Weird Al or the Muppets. They think I am weird myself, especially since I let my kids watch UHF... repeatedly.

Yeah, it was very sad. A lot of people came down real hard on him because of it, too. They were still living in the little house in Lynwood where he grew up. I guess people assumed someone as popular, and rich they figured, would move his parents up. He said they wanted to stay, though.

That's terrible! Maybe his parents liked their home and neighborhood and didn't want to move. I think it's awful that people came down on him when he must have been overcome with grief. Poor guy. :(

Which song is this? It's the second link my iPad wouldn't load. I want to see it! None of my friends IRL like Weird Al or the Muppets. They think I am weird myself, especially since I let my kids watch UHF... repeatedly.

:lol::lol::lol: The video is one of his Michael Jackson spoofs. Eat it. hehe I love the jacket with the smiley face. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: The video is one of his Michael Jackson spoofs. Eat it. hehe I love the jacket with the smiley face. :lol:

He did a great job with Michael Jackson's music! I think because Michael was so extremely over the top himself, so unique. How about the one where he spoofs Snoop Dog? I'm going to look for that link.

Okay, my bad. It's Amish Paradise, a parody of Gangster's Paradise by Coolio. Shows how much I know about rap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjZ8yLIr2yA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Edited by renmew

He did a great job with Michael Jackson's music! I think because Michael was so extremely over the top himself, so unique. How about the one where he spoofs Snoop Dog? I'm going to look for that link.

Oh I haven't seen that one. I haven't had cable for years now. I look forward to seeing it. :p

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Oh my gosh that is too funny! I'd never heard that one. "so I turned the other cheek" :lol: hehe

is funny too.

That was very funny, LONG, but funny! I had never heard it before. Thanks! This is fun!

Weird Al for President!!

That was very funny, LONG, but funny! I had never heard it before. Thanks! This is fun!

Weird Al for President!!

LOL Could you imagine if he was President? That would take foreign affairs to a whole new level. :lol::lol::lol:

My dd actually showed me that video. It is long, but it cracked me up. I don't even know what the original song is of that one. hehe :p

LOL Could you imagine if he was President? That would take foreign affairs to a whole new level. :lol::lol::lol:

My dd actually showed me that video. It is long, but it cracked me up. I don't even know what the original song is of that one. hehe :p

Trapped in the Closet by R. Kelly. NOT. For young ears/eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAUpYszoSms&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Favorite Weird Al:
(watch this first) and the
of the video is fantastic.

:lol: :lol: :lol: "fluent in Javascript as well as Klingon." And Donnie Osmond! :lol: Oh my. I'd never heard that one before. I've got to take issue with Monty Python's Holy Grail though. I don't see that as a sign of nerdiness, rather good taste. :p hehe Now off to watch the lego one. :p Awww that's cute! :D hehehe