Menu

After BFSU3...?

My current plan is to extend BFSU3 material at least through the end of 7th grade, if not all the way through 8th, by adding in other things, like Ellen McHenry's Elements, Carbon Chemistry, the Cell, etc., and to do the Hakim History of Science volumes in 7th-8th grade as well. I'd also like to cover the book Science Matters before diving into a more standard textbook-based sequence for high school.

So, rather than working straight through BFSU, I have Vol 2 & 3 mapped out to cover over the course of 4 years, with these additional resources woven in as appropriate. I hope that makes sense . . .

Another thought would be to do an Integrated Conceptual Science or Physical Science text in 8th grade, especially if you are planning a Biology-first sequence in high school - having that physics and chemistry background would be very helpful in studying biology.

So, rather than working straight through BFSU, I have Vol 2 & 3 mapped out to cover over the course of 4 years, with these additional resources woven in as appropriate. I hope that makes sense . . .

I would love to see it! We are quickly going through Vol 1 right now. I also want to use all the supplements you mentioned. I'd love to see how you mapped it out.

I would love to see it! We are quickly going through Vol 1 right now. I also want to use all the supplements you mentioned. I'd love to see how you mapped it out.

PM me your email and I'll send you my spreadsheet when I get home (I'm at SIL's in Oregon right now, but will be home by the end of the week).

My current plan is to extend BFSU3 material at least through the end of 7th grade, if not all the way through 8th...

I plan on using vol. 1 this year, and then volumes 2-3 over the 3 years after that, taking ds through 9th grade. Supplemental materials and labs, books, videos, etc.

• 1 year later...

My plan after BFSU 3 (which we will be done with in 8th) is to work through Beginnings Publishing's Bridge Math first, then in 9th begin with The Sciences: An Integrated Approach together and do Spectrum Chemistry, then Biology in 11th (unsure which program), and Physics (unsure too) in 12th.

Ok, I just wanted to point out that everything I said in this thread was said almost TWO YEARS AGO!!!  Meaning, I stand behind nothing I said here - we stopped using BFSU and are now on a totally different path.  Just sayin', since I saw it come back up . . .    :lol:

Oops I did it again.. resurrected another thread  :blush:

Chrysalis, you have stuck to your urban roots, though  :p