Menu

Does anyone hace an Excalibur dehydrator, or something comparible....

I love my Excaliber 9 tray. I think it was worth the money. it dries evenly and you can adjust your temp if you want to dry at a lower setting to preserve living enzymes like the raw foodists appreciate. You can also remove every other tray if you are drying taller things like flowers, mushrooms, etc. I posted before\after pics in the purge fest thread of a 6ft kitchen cabinet where mine sits, so you can get an idea of its footprint. http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/showthread.php?t=407753&page=14

I LOVE my 9-tray Excalibur. In fact, it's sitting on the counter right now waiting to be emptied. :) Bananas went on sale for 39¢ lb and I made seven trays of dried bananas. I threw two trays of pineapple in there to fill it up since I had one sitting on the counter and no one wanted to eat it.

The best thing about the Excalibur is that the fans are in the back, so my bananas don't taste at all like pineapples. Also, since it is so tall, it can be used to make yogurt ( super easy!) or proof dough.

You really can't go wrong, and I'd dare say you'd regret getting a smaller one. :001_smile:

I love it. I never would have thought to buy it (the cost!) but a good friend who bought it to help with her new life as a vegetarian decided it wasn't getting used enough. (Yay for me!).

Its great during certain times a year. Apple time (love the apple chips). I use it for yogurt or dough proofing periodically, but I don't use it as much as I thought I might. The rest of the year (herbs, tomatoes, berries) I feel like I'm wasting the capacity.

Its better than the small round machines (I had a few of those). You can control the amount of heat used.

And its BIG. I have it sitting on a cabinet in my office...along with the ice cream machine. :tongue_smilie:

I just ordered a dehydrator from http://www.gardensalive.com. They are running a special right now. If you sign up for their e-mail list they will send you an e-coupon for $100 off an order of $200 or more. I ordered an Excaliber using the coupon.

They are also offering other discounts depending on how much you order.

Edited by My3Boys

I just ordered a dehydrator from www.gardensalive.com. They are running a special right now. If you sign up for their e-mail list they will send you an e-coupon for $100 off an order of $200 or more. I ordered an Excaliber using the coupon.

They are also offering other discounts depending on how much you order.

That's a really good deal, does this one have a timer? It doesn't say in the description. I'm going to borrow my friends Excalibur and see if I like it. She doesn't even use it that much, maybe I can get her to sell it to me. :lol: