Menu

Devotional ? for second grader

tuzor

Originally, I planned to read the VOS Childs Story Bible with my second grader. This year we were going to go through the New Testament. Then I found the devotional book Leading Little Ones to God.

Should I do the Devotional book perhaps two times a week and then go through the New Testament of the Story Bible on the off days or should I pick just one?

When I used LLTG I didn't read it daily, I wanted a little space for the information to "sink in." I think alternating with another book would be fine. Currently I am a bit disorganized so we tend to read from whatever devotional is in the room where I decide to do "Bible Time." :D

Are you doing SOTW 1 by any chance? You could coordinate Vos with it--it's actually already done for you on Paula's Archives.

We loved LLOtG--we read it straight thru then went back to the beginning and did it again. (Didn't do the songs because we didn't have a hymnal that goes with it.)

After that one, we did Little Visits With God; that was also a very sweet experience, if you need a rec for what to do after. :001_smile:

Are you doing SOTW 1 by any chance? You could coordinate Vos with it--it's actually already done for you on Paula's Archives.

We loved LLOtG--we read it straight thru then went back to the beginning and did it again. (Didn't do the songs because we didn't have a hymnal that goes with it.)

After that one, we did Little Visits With God; that was also a very sweet experience, if you need a rec for what to do after. :001_smile:

No we did STOW 1 last year. We are moving on to STOW 2 this year and we will read the new testament. I will check out Little Visits with God.