Menu

Best Audio Book version of "Charlotte's Web?"

Guest march24

Guest march24

We are going on a loooong car trip, looking for a great version of "Charlotte's Web", something with well voiced characters and a bit of background music etc to really make the book "come alive". What versions have you enjoyed audio-wise?

thanks in advance.

J

I enjoyed the one read by the author. However, it does not have all the extras that you are looking for, which I also like to have. Some people don't like the author's version, from reviews, but it is an excellent reading and communicates the warmth of the book-- just not a flamboyant actor's read.

I enjoyed the one read by the author. However, it does not have all the extras that you are looking for, which I also like to have. Some people don't like the author's version, from reviews, but it is an excellent reading and communicates the warmth of the book-- just not a flamboyant actor's read.

I agree. This is our favorite, by far.

I love E. B. White's audio version. Without music and voices, the focus is on the beauty of the words.

The author knows the deeper messages expressed through his story and I felt that come through in his reading of it - as if his voice pulls the listener below the surface, or at least communicates a sense that there is something beneath it.

On the other hand, (and perhaps I'm just sensitive) I did find it more of a sobering experience as opposed to watching a cartoon version with catchy songs that drove me nuts for months (fun, but not surface penetrating). Two totally different responses to the same story. So it may depend on what you're going for as to what you think makes a version the "best".

On the third hand (:D) others may not be so affected as I was (or even more so than I was so that even a catchy musical cartoon could get you thinking about the deeper things of life) so ... ignore me. :lol: