Menu

National Park Pictures

I thought it would be fun to have a thread where people could share pictures or stories about National Parks they had visited this summer with their kids. Here's mine from North Cascades National Park in WA:

IMG_7883-300x225.jpg

I also made a homemade book about our adventure for my 3 year old to "read".

This was taken at Grand Tetons:

(I was so proud of DH for this pic, he's been wanting a reflection pic for a long time and the weather never cooperated. He doesn't even know it turned out yet!!)

This one was taken at Yellowstone:

Edited to add:

Bald Eagle we saw at Oxbow Bend in Grand Tetons:

Edited by trlt

Hmm, I've never posted a pic before, but I'll try to insert one here of Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah. We also went to Zion National Park and Grand Canyon National Park, but most of the photos are on the other computer.

I've always wanted to go the Bryce Canyon.

Hmm, I've never posted a pic before, but I'll try to insert one here of Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah. We also went to Zion National Park and Grand Canyon National Park, but most of the photos are on the other computer.

We did the same thing in May:) We were at Bryce during the Annular solar eclipse and did not even know it was happening!! pretty cool timing:) Did you hike the Narrows in Zion? How about Angels Landing? We did the Narrows but NOT Angels Landing ...an amazing trip!!

PS That's a great view of Bryce you captured:)

trlt, Those are amazing photos. What kind of camera did you use?

Ali in OR, your photo of Bryce NP looks like it belongs on a calendar.

Mrs. Mungo, I love the picture of your son!

mom26, We liked Bryce NP, but we loved Zion! We hiked the Narrows and part of Angels Landing. Angels Landing was a challenge for me because I am a bit afraid of heights!! The signs stating that people had fallen to their deaths on the trail didn't help me.....

trlt, Those are amazing photos. What kind of camera did you use?

Ali in OR, your photo of Bryce NP looks like it belongs on a calendar.

Mrs. Mungo, I love the picture of your son!

mom26, We liked Bryce NP, but we loved Zion! We hiked the Narrows and part of Angels Landing. Angels Landing was a challenge for me because I am a bit afraid of heights!! The signs stating that people had fallen to their deaths on the trail didn't help me.....

It's a Nikon D50. We've had it for years....we are ready to upgrade when our budget permits!

We did the same thing in May:) We were at Bryce during the Annular solar eclipse and did not even know it was happening!! pretty cool timing:) Did you hike the Narrows in Zion? How about Angels Landing? We did the Narrows but NOT Angels Landing ...an amazing trip!!

PS That's a great view of Bryce you captured:)

I loved Bryce. The whole trip was great, but Zion in July was actually my least favorite. Bryce is at 8000 ft--it was cool, even had afternoon thunderstorms. Zion was in the mid-90's and way too crowded for such a contained/shuttle-bus-only place. My oldest is in a wheelchair, so the paved Narrows trail was the only one we did there. Hitting the river at the end was heavenly! But again it was so amazingly crowded. There were hordes of people crossing the river in both directions the whole time. My recommendation for Zion would be "not in July!"

Edited by Ali in OR