Menu

Media Mail?

I sold some curriculum on Ebay and mailed it out on June 27th. The person in Oregon received theirs 3 or 4 days ago. However, the person in Texas is still waiting. This is being mailed from FL. Is it possible that the package to Texas is still in transit? Does mail still travel on holidays?...just not delivered? I'm wondering if the July holiday has something to do with the delay.

If the person claims to never get the package...what would you do?

Thanks!

~Holly

Media Mail can take up to six weeks no matter where it came from or where it is going. It has the lowest priority of all parcels. Individual postmasters make the call whether or not to deliver it based on mail volume in their own station, which, of course, varies from station to station. There is always the slight chance it was lost due to poor labeling or post office error.

My dh is a letter carrier and he often delivers media mail that has taken weeks and weeks to make its journey.

I'd wait until at least 21 days to see if it gets there. At that point you'll need to work something out with the buyer. If they didn't want insurance technically it is their loss. You might feel differently.

In the future buy delivery confirmaion. It's around 65 cents and worth every penny. As a seller I will NOT send any package without it. It is my proof that I did my part. It's worth it to me to spend the money on it.

I hope your package arrives very soon!

Christi

I'd wait until at least 21 days to see if it gets there. At that point you'll need to work something out with the buyer. If they didn't want insurance technically it is their loss. You might feel differently.

In the future buy delivery confirmaion. It's around 65 cents and worth every penny. As a seller I will NOT send any package without it. It is my proof that I did my part. It's worth it to me to spend the money on it.

I hope your package arrives very soon!

Christi

I'd wait longer than just 3 weeks! Several times a media mail package has taken 6 weeks for me. It's unusual, but it does happen. I second the delivery confirmation. I won't ship without it.

In years past, I have had a media mail package take 9 weeks to arrive. I have also had a priority mail package take 7 weeks to arrive and it was mailed from a destination that was 2 hours away!:glare:

Did you use delivery confirmation? I do that with all my packages so you can track it. That's...IF...the mail carrier is scanning the barcode.:glare:

I had something similar.... it hadn't arrived after 30 days and i refunded the money. It was only $7 - and it was the one day that didn't have enough cash with me for delivery confirmation.

I mailed it at the end of May.... she still hasn't gotten it.

Sigh..... maybe it's sitting with yours?

with Media mail shipping. Stupid me, I did not insure or track. It still has not shown up. I receive no response from the vendor, so feel pretty discouraged. I sold a package to a lady about 6 weeks ago...again using media mail. She has no received her package, so I sent her a refund this week. So......I feel your frustration.

Heather