Menu

Intensive Practise/Challenging Word Problems/Both?

EmmaNZ

My ds is working through Math Mammoth 4. He's finding it pretty straightforward at the moment (not counting the geometry:tongue_smilie:). The thing is he is only 7 and I want to slow him down a bit by doing something else as well. I was considering Singapore IP and/or CWP. The IP books I can get in this country, but CWP I would have to pay for shipping from the US.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

i used Primary Grade Challenge Math and Murderous Maths books to slow down some. also khan academy. not sure what you can find there.

there was a really funny website with challenging word problems, but i think he took it down because a teacher got in trouble for using one . . . they talked about an ogre putting different kinds of people in an oven and some parents found it offensive . .. i cant find it now, darn

My ds is working through Math Mammoth 4. He's finding it pretty straightforward at the moment (not counting the geometry:tongue_smilie:). The thing is he is only 7 and I want to slow him down a bit by doing something else as well. I was considering Singapore IP and/or CWP. The IP books I can get in this country, but CWP I would have to pay for shipping from the US.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

I think it is easier to make up word problems than it is to make up the things they come up with in IP. YMMV.