Menu

Is this bone pain or muscle pain?

In the last few days I've had some weird pain. It's not excruciating, but it's not my usual aches and pains. The other night it was just above my knees and it burned like the muscle was being torn off the bone (sorry if that's too graphic). This morning it's both of my inner forearms, not my wrists.

I've been getting over some sort of infection and it's not bad enough to warrant a doctor visit, but this burning/tearing pain is new.

In the last few days I've had some weird pain. It's not excruciating, but it's not my usual aches and pains. The other night it was just above my knees and it burned like the muscle was being torn off the bone (sorry if that's too graphic). This morning it's both of my inner forearms, not my wrists.

I've been getting over some sort of infection and it's not bad enough to warrant a doctor visit, but this burning/tearing pain is new.

Oh, boy! What you describe is how my problems with fibromyalgia and auto-immune disorders began. I have read recently that the type of pain you are describing can happen after certain viral infections and it just takes the body a while to get over. But, my pain got worse and worse until I was almost begging Dh to take me to the emergency room. If it doesn't stop get to a doctor and have blood tests done.

I went through a horrific time a couple years ago that began similarly. The docs could never figure whether it was auto-immune or a horrible reaction to the Cipro that they had me on for a suspected infection. Get your rest, and don't hesitate to go see a doc if it continues.

I hope you recover quickly and that your problems don't get worse.:grouphug:

I went through a horrific time a couple years ago that began similarly. The docs could never figure whether it was auto-immune or a horrible reaction to the Cipro that they had me on for a suspected infection. Get your rest, and don't hesitate to go see a doc if it continues.

I hope you recover quickly and that your problems don't get worse.:grouphug:

Thanks, I've been able to rest all weekend.

I think I will start tracking symptoms. Maybe stay off Google for a while too. Thanks, all.

Definitely stay off google. I learned the hard way. What you don't know won't hurt you and also can't get into your mind and drive you crazy. Definitely rest. Hope you are feeling better soon.