Menu

Best or suprising ebay find.

Mine recently has been clothes for dd. I won a few thigns that were gymboree or lands end no one else bid, everything was in perfect condition and I only paid a fraction of what I would ahve been willing to pay. I'm not complaining just very suprised.

A few years ago I was looking for a denim slipcovered sofa. I had haunted Craigslist for weeks and wasn't having any luck. On a whim I searched on Ebay and found a denim slipcovered sectional that is FABULOUS. Retail it would have easily been over $1500 because it was a custom sofa. I got it for $400. Best thing was it was a local pick up so there was no shipping involved. I love, love, love this couch. It's big enough for all of my kids to sit on it, without touching each other! Doesn't get any better than that!

1920s Parisian leather club chair. Paid a pittance + shipping

Ditto on a hand carved 1900s oak sideboard.

Not a bargain, per se, but I did also score a 2 volume set of the 1961 edition Roman Breviary in excellent condition. This was a couple of years ago, when you could still get them for around $100. I don't even want to think what it would run now.

I've also found lots of out of print role-playing game stuff that I wanted as a teenager and can now afford at the firesale prices on Ebay. ;)