Menu

Dr. Jeff Meyer and Summitt Ministries

I've known several young men and women who have attended Summit Ministries in Colorado and have loved it and recommended it highly to all their friends. No personal experience, though. One of my pastor's daughters met her future husband there - they've been married about 20 years now.:)

Summit Ministries is a discernment ministry directed towards high school and college-aged kids. Our 2 oldests went there and it's great. Dr. Jeff Meyers took over for David Noebel- the author of "Understanding the Times" and from we can read/see, if doing a great job. They've also expanded the 2-week camp to Bryan College in TN. I HIGHLY recommend it.

I noticed that each you ladies who responded are from Virginia. Does Summit or Dr. Meyers have a big presence/support out there, or do you just to be from the same area? Just curious....

Do you happen to know, I heard tidbits of how this program can help a YA figure out a direction in life. Not necessarily a specific job, but an area of focus. Have you heard anything about that?

Hi from Oregon :) My dad has been one of the speakers at the Summit held in Colorado for years..... He usually speaks at one session... or maybe more if it fits. We're committed to sending each of our kids at least once. We've sent two so far :) Per day it's actually less than camp, per day... The year our 2nd daughter went I was kinda jealous! I knew who many of the speakers were and would have liked to hear them!

My 2nd daughter down still keeps in contact with the friends she met... through FB :)

If you want to write a paper after, you can pay extra and get college credit.

:)

I have used some of their stuff with my now 18 year old. Will use it with the others also. I have heard Jeff Meyers speak at a local conference here in Oregon in the past. I have a friend who just sent her son to their Colorado camp this summer. Sorry, no personal experience though.