Menu

Apologia elementary science

swellmomma

Which do prefer the premade notebooks they sell, the free printables from the website, creating your own notebook, or the lapbooks?

Trying to decide which to go with for Zoology 1 and anatomy

We used the free printables for astronomy and they worked just fine.

I have been hearing though that the notebooks are a necessary purchase for teh anatomy, is this true?

What about zoo 1?

Which do prefer the premade notebooks they sell, the free printables from the website, creating your own notebook, or the lapbooks?

Trying to decide which to go with for Zoology 1 and anatomy

We used the free printables for astronomy and they worked just fine.

I have been hearing though that the notebooks are a necessary purchase for teh anatomy, is this true?

What about zoo 1?

We started with the notebook from Apologia for Anatomy. My son hated them. They were the same format every week. Boring. 1/2 way thru we switched to the lap books from AJTL. It was awesome. My son loved it!

This year we are doing Botony & Astronomy. I've already bought the lapbooks. AJTL has them really cheap right now. I can remember for how much longer, maybe Aug 1st?

We started with the notebook from Apologia for Anatomy. My son hated them. They were the same format every week. Boring. 1/2 way thru we switched to the lap books from AJTL. It was awesome. My son loved it!

This year we are doing Botony & Astronomy. I've already bought the lapbooks. AJTL has them really cheap right now. I can remember for how much longer, maybe Aug 1st?

What Is AJTL? Thank you.

do they still have the free printables? Where can I find those? Was hoping to get the Journals because I really do like them, but they aren't in our budget at the moment.

These are on the Apologia site. Go to the page with the book you are doing and they are in the list with sample chapter, material list, contents page.

We used the free pages when ds did the books. They worked great for him. I did find the pages for Zoo 3 were not as good as the ones for Zoo 1 and 2 and Botany. This year I am doing Astronomy with dd and we bought the Jr. Notebook for it. For her I think these are great (my ds would have hated them). I love the list of books and extra activities they give plus the mini books. The free journals are good enough if you are use to journaling/notebooking. Using the pages they have and making your own. When ds did these books he used the free pages and the finished notebooks he created were pretty awesome. A lot of the pages in the bought notebooks will be the same as the free ones only more elaborate. pages.

Tried the freebies with Botany and they were pretty good, but not exciting.

Tried the notebooking journals with Zoo2 and the kids HATED them. Unfortunately, they passionately detested the things... except for the coloring pages. Sigh.

Tried lapbooking woth Zoo1 and found our groove.

We really enjoy these from A Journey Through Learning: http://www.currclick.com/index.php?cPath=1532

Edited by LibertyH

We will be using the Apologia Botany this year and using the lapbook that goes along with it. My boys Hate journaling/copywork type schooling, thus the lapbook. Really, you have to know your childs style and then work around that as all apologia related material is quality.

We are doing the Astronomy study and I bought the notebooks for both my children. My 8 y/o dd is doing the regular notebook while my 5 y/o dd is doing the junior notebook. My older dd loves the journal while my younger one doesn't. It just isn't her cup of tea so I don't force it on her. Next time I may buy the journal again for my oldest and use the free journal pages for my younger and see how that goes. They are not big fans of lapbooking (and I'm thankful).

Well if it's not in front of me, we won't do it. So that rules our doing our own pages.

If I have to print something, we will never get to it. So that rules out the pages on the website.

Which leaves the Pre-printed notebook. By default.

(It's kind of expensive IMO but it comes with Pre-printed mini-books and pockets ready to assemble, and it's good, thick, high quality paper and binding.)