Menu

Need help setting up Apologia General notebook...

Ds will be starting Apologia General Science (2nd ed) on Monday. I'm trying to figure out "how" to set up his notebook.

Option #1) Tabbed dividers dividing it up into: OYO, Vocabulary, Study Guide questions, and Labs

Option #2) Tabbed dividers dividing it up into: Module 1, Module 2, so forth...

Option #3) Something else...

Do you have your dc answer the OYO questions orally (to himself) or written?

Do your dc write vocabulary words in a notebook, on note cards, or not at all?

Apologia will be a BIG change for ds, and I'm already thinking he is not going to like how involved this is, and how much he has to do "on his own."

Thanks for any help!!

I'm thinking of putting my 2 oldest into this next year. What is the benefits of organizing a notebook like option 1? I've seen this type of thing a few times and I know i must be missing something. Is it easier to study for tests this way? I tend to think that grouping it by module would be better for studying later... :confused:

tia

:lurk5:

Ummmm....I modeled my ds's "notebook" after mine from public school....

IOW, fold my notes in half, and stick them in the book where I finished reading. (OK - I hear all your notebook fanatics laughing!)

Actually, I did have a "folder" for science where we would put our Lab Write Ups (once they were finalized - we wrote them in paragraphs as Dr. Wile explains them, and so we would use them as writing assignments as well) and Tests. And, the notes if we could find them. (We usually go through all the collected papers about every 6 weeks and put them where they're "supposed" to go. Did I say "we"? I meant "I" - and, no ds never looks at that folder - I'm just saving it in case the homeschool police show up some day - LOL!)

We did the On Your Own questions orally, and I also discussed with/quizzed my ds using the Study Guide 2-3 times a week. At first, I would also pre-read and create "study notes" for him to fill out. Once he got used to Dr Wile's style, he was better able to separate the explanations from the things which needed to be memorized, and I didn't need to keep doing that for him.

Not sure that helped =)

Rhonda