Menu

Dr. Hive Help...Stomach Problems

For the past several weeks, I have had regular stomach pains. They are not sharp at all (I don't think I have appendecitis or anything like that). It is more like a dull pain that comes and goes. I started getting them several weeks ago when I started eating "normal" again after being on a lowish-carb diet. I was only on the diet for two months or so. I have no idea if this is diet related or not.

I tried googling to figure out what might be wrong, but I'm not even sure what to google. Any suggestions?

Oh, I am also getting heartburn regularly (every few days), and I have never really had heartburn before...not even when pregnant.

Any thoughts?

My first suspicion would be some form of gluten intolerance. I'm sorry you're going through this. Stomach issues are horrible. :grouphug:

Thanks. It is getting ridiculous. I don't like being in pain (but who does, right)?

So do I go to the doctor? Try something on my own? Of course I am going on vacation next week and eating practically all of my meals out.

My first thought was gluten intolerance too. I would make a conscious effort not to eat anything w/ wheat. Eating out is doable. Stick to grilled meats and veggies, salads instead of sandwiches, baked potatoes w/ meat or veggie toppings, etc. See if it clears up. Dairy would be my second thought. I've recently discovered that yogurt and I don't get along. I can drink milk, eat cheese, etc, but yogurt is a problem.

Just wanted to add that my sister has had digestive issues her whole life. Last fall she had surgery to remove part of her colon. She didn't eat anything but potaotes, jello, yogurt, some chicken, broth, etc. for several months. Since then she has noticed that she has tummy problems anytime she eats wheat. I'm trying to convince her to go gluten free. Mostly she just avoids it.

Maybe gastritis, an ulcer or hiatial hernia (sp?). When I had an ulcer my stomach would really hurt when it was empty. I get gastritis if I really overdo dark chocolate or I try taking vitamins. That feels like a bloated, acidy feeling. Try some Prilosec to see if it works. That will at least help the heartburn. It might be worth a trip to the doctor to have a discussion. You don't want to mess around if it is an ulcer. Hope you feel better soon. Stomach issues are no fun even if you are losing weight because of them.:glare: