Menu

Do you think America should be drilling here for oil?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I don't advocate short-sighted, supply-side economic "solutions".

I just don't understand why we have not come up with something better. We can put a man in space, but we can find a way to move about w/o combustible engines. I just know there is a way, but why are we not actively looking for it? Is it we are all wrapped up in the gas biz and all else that comes from dino goop?

I just don't understand why we have not come up with something better. We can put a man in space, but we can find a way to move about w/o combustible engines. I just know there is a way, but why are we not actively looking for it? Is it we are all wrapped up in the gas biz and all else that comes from dino goop?

:iagree:

Corporate greed has maintained the status quo for too long. Los Angeles had excellent public transportation decades ago, but the car companies bought the system, and literally ripped up the train tracks to encourage more people to buy cars. Now our public transit system is pathetic, and we have some of the worst traffic in the country. What we need is innovation in urban planning, public transit, alternative energy, all of it. Drilling is not the answer.

Yes, it's insane that we have been paying other countries for oil instead of drilling for our own.

Yeah... but did you ever wonder why 7/11 doesn't worry when a kid opens a Koolaid stand down the street? That's how we compare to Saudi Arabia in terms of how much oil they have (7/11) and how much oil we have (Koolaid stand). Drilling here won't change that we pay other countries for oil. Not in the least little bit.

What's insane is that politicians have convinced people that drilling new wells here will stop us from importing oil when the only way to do that is to drastically change the way we live.

Drilling here, in places we are not already drilling, where they have to get permission to drill, means drilling in places that are environmentally protected and drilling offshore! That means hurting the environment, hurting wildlife, endangering the oceans, endangering oceanlife, and it will, in no way, effect the prices of gas in the immediate future!

The five biggest oil companies made a combined profit of $123 billion dollars last year, the most, by far, they have made ever before, and they keep raising the prices! We have more in our gas reserves than ever before, and are adding more each day, but we are raising prices each day because the price of foreign oil is threatened and increasing!

Someone needs to open their eyes and get real here! We need a cap on the oil companies here, but, even though a congressional committee investigated the oil companies and released all this info, then questioned them, they couldn't do anything about it, so, more tax dollars at waste, probably added to our gas bill.