Menu

Dr. Who question - the doctor before Tennet

Spoiler alert!!!

You've been warned!!!

Short answer is he "dies" saving Rose (time lords regenerate when they "die")

Here's the episode summary from Wikipedia (last episode of season 1):

The Doctor and Jack take the TARDIS to Rose, where they bring her back to the Game Station after talking to the Dalek Emperor. The Doctor prepares to destroy the Daleks using a Delta Wave and tells Rose to get something from the TARDIS for him; while she is inside, he uses his sonic screwdriver to send her back home. The Daleks invade the Game Station, killing Lynda and Jack among many others. As Rose regains her composure at home, she notices the words "Bad Wolf" around the area where the TARDIS has landed and realises it is a message. With the help of Jackie, Mickey, and a tow truck, she is able to pry open the heart of the TARDIS in hope that its telepathic circuits would see her desire to return to the Doctor. Rose becomes empowered by the Time Vortex and returns to the Doctor, where she uses the vortex's power to destroy the Daleks, revive Jack, and scatter the words "Bad Wolf" throughout time and space to lead herself here. To prevent the power from killing Rose, the Doctor absorbs it by kissing her; she wakes up in the TARDIS as the time energy is destroying the Doctor's cells, forcing him to regenerate into another incarnation (David Tennant).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_(series_1)

eta: For some things, like Doctor Who, I hate any sort of hint at all. Even 'I liked that episode' or 'I cried' will make me cover my ears and screech 'don't tell me anything!!'. With other things I love spoilers...I just want to know what happened.

Edited by happi duck

He daleks were going to kill everybody, so he sent Rose home without her consent. She ripped a piece off the Tardis so that she could return ti help, absorbing the time vortex. She then killed the daleks, brought Captain Jack back to life, and was going to die, since humans aren't supposed to absorbe the time vortex. Dr took it from her (through a kiss) and then it fried him instead and he regenerates. Do watch it, still. :)

Edited by Scuff