Menu

Memoria Press 2nd Grade - Anyone else?

WIS0320

I'm planning on using this with a few modifications. I am using Singapore Math instead of R & S, and we are also using book selections from Ambleside Online Year 2. I am also throwing in some Catholic resources from CHC as well. This year has been too hectic for me to really plan well myself, so it was MP to the rescue!

I will be using the 3rd grade plans and i'm wondering if anyone is NOT going to do all of the recommended writing? If not what will you do orally and what will you have your student do the writing in? My ds will be in 4th grade, but he is a resistant writer so, I know he won't be able to do all the writing.

Me! :D

I was going to go back a year and do the grade 1 package, but my son really wants to do the 2nd grade package...DH also thinks it would be good for him...I will just have to give him extra help since we are moving into MP for the first time...

We are planning to use it as written...I am also using MP Kindergarten and 6th grade packages...I just have to figure out how to schedule 3 different grade levels :svengo:

I will be using the 3rd grade plans and i'm wondering if anyone is NOT going to do all of the recommended writing? If not what will you do orally and what will you have your student do the writing in? My ds will be in 4th grade, but he is a resistant writer so, I know he won't be able to do all the writing.

I am planning to do most of the literature guide stuff orally...

Me!! I am using MUS or maybe BA for math but otherwise, just as written. I am excited. I am heading into Louisville to pick it up today. Can't wait to dig into it.

Wow, you can drive and pick up your materials!...Did you go to the conference?...I wanted to go but couldn't make that trip this year...Maybe next year ;)

Wow, you can drive and pick up your materials!...

Yeah. It's actually kind of a funny story. We debated and debated between homeschooling and Highland Latin School. We decided to homeschool for a lot of reasons, but really liked what HLS does. So we've been homeschooling for two years and just found MP. I had no idea!! I did some research and was so excited about it.

If we love it as much as I think we will, I'll be going to next years conference!

Yeah. It's actually kind of a funny story. We debated and debated between homeschooling and Highland Latin School. We decided to homeschool for a lot of reasons, but really liked what HLS does. So we've been homeschooling for two years and just found MP. I had no idea!! I did some research and was so excited about it.

If we love it as much as I think we will, I'll be going to next years conference!

That is funny...Now you get to homeschool and do what you like from Highland's Latin :001_smile:

Are you doing K and 2nd grade?...If all goes well I will plan to go to next year's conference as well...It is a 7 hour drive for me though :tongue_smilie:

Actually 1st and 2nd. My older is really more like a 3rd grader but not quite up to the 3rd grade package reading level. She's doing 4th grade math though, which is why we're not using their math. I'm hoping get her back "on track" somehow. I'm not sure.

We know quite a few kids who have gone to HLS and their education has been awesome and they are so well spoken and thoughtful. So I think this will be our way. I may go heavier on science though.

I'm not doing the lit guide writing, we'll use more off a CM approach (narration, maybe some copywork/dictation). I think a lot of the comprehension questions we will discuss orally. (I read that at HLS the teacher and class discuss the question, form a good sentence which the teacher writes on the board and the students copy.)

I'm not doing the lit guide writing, we'll use more off a CM approach (narration, maybe some copywork/dictation). I think a lot of the comprehension questions we will discuss orally. (I read that at HLS the teacher and class discuss the question, form a good sentence which the teacher writes on the board and the students copy.)

Do you think you'll use their grammar or something else?