Menu

For a wide range of dc ages, which movie: Brave or Madagascar 3?

My dds both say Madagascar 3!

Eta: dds say that the girl in brave says "I hate you" to her mother a lot, and in M 3 , the animal control guy has heads mounted on the wall of the animals he has killed... Don't know if that factors into your decision, but thought I'd let you know

Edited by Unicorn

Thanks for the replies, friends. We've announced Madagascar 3 to the dc and they all seem excited. It's been too hot and they've been cooped up inside too long. It will be easier to keep up with the crowd at a theater than try to take them to a mall. :D

My dds both say Madagascar 3!

Eta: dds say that the girl in brave says "I hate you" to her mother a lot, and in M 3 , the animal control guy has heads mounted on the wall of the animals he has killed... Don't know if that factors into your decision, but thought I'd let you know

Thanks for adding the details. I try not to be overly sensitive, but it's good to know what to watch for when I can't preview first. Makes me feel better about deciding against Brave for this trip.

I'd go with Madagascar 3. Even dh and I liked it and there's a lot of laugh lines for adults. Brave is good too, but it might scare sensitive littles and bore the socks off of preteen and teenage boys. It's more of a chick flick, even with all the violence.

ETA: The psycho animal control lady singing Edith Piaf was worth the price of admission imho.