Menu

strange dog eyes

Hi,

I Have a extremely placid border collie (male 10 months desexed). Today I noticed that when he starts play fighting with my other dog, his eyes change colour and turn a deep bright red. I was not the only one that saw this happen. it happened about one hour later as well when he was play fighting again. It looked like something off the cover of hound of the baskervilles. I have never seen anything like this. it takes about 30 seconds for the red to fade after he stops play-fighting.

Has anyone heard of this happening?

I have no idea....but it reminded me that years ago I worked for a family who had a dog who's eyes glowed green just like you're describing. It was creepy, to say the least! It would be really interesting to know what is happening!

Okay, I got curious and did a Google search. From what I just read ... it could be increased blood pressure (the info I found was just personal opinion/testimony, so nothing professional to quote). The green eye issue, which I also just searched online for answers to, is explained here. The red eye problem might be able to be explained fairly simply too.