Menu

Fun grammar for co-op ideas

smgwynn

I'll be teaching an every other week LA class at my co-op. it's for the 1 st-2nd grade group. The goal is to prepare the kids for the beginning IEW class they go into in the 3rd grade. I'm thinking to work on parts of speech, narration exercises, and maybe throw in a bit of poetry, just for fun. Parents should be doing their own la programs at home, so this should really be a fun supplemental class.

I was thinking of pulling a bit from the additional exercises from fll1/2 and from mct's building poems. Anyone have suggestions on some fun grammar games/exercises?

That age might really enjoy the Ruth Heller books. She made bright vibrant picture books for each part of speech with catchy titles like: Kites Sail High and Mine! Mine! All Mine! My kids really like them and she really gets into what each part of speech does in a fun way.:001_smile:

Is grammarland good for the 6-8 year old bunch?

I think so, I am using it with my 7yo just as fun reading/reinforcement. The worksheets may or not work for you depending on the time you have in your class and the writing ability for your students. You could go through them verbally and come up with the answers as a group, or send them home with the students.

We also love the Brian P. Cleary books.