Menu

How do you use Human Odyssey?

I'm considering using Human Odyssey for my 7th grader. I only have the textbook. I have read that the teacher guide is mostly busy work, and I haven't seen it for sale on amazon in a while. How do you do HO? I was thinking of having her outline it, which I'm sure would become very boring and tedious very quickly. I wish I had review/ test questions just to reinforce what she has read. Any ideas? Thanks!

Thanks to other suggestions in a previous post, I'm planning to use Mapping the World with Art along with Human Odyssey Ancients and a timeline.

I still haven't decided whether to purchase the Human Odyssey student or teacher pages yet. If I don't, I plan to use the ideas that SWB suggests (outlining and Level I-III Outlines).

I don't want history to take overwhelming long though, so I'm still refining my plans.

:bigear:

Thanks to other suggestions in a previous post, I'm planning to use Mapping the World with Art along with Human Odyssey Ancients and a timeline.

I still haven't decided whether to purchase the Human Odyssey student or teacher pages yet. If I don't, I plan to use the ideas that SWB suggests (outlining and Level I-III Outlines).

I don't want history to take overwhelming long though, so I'm still refining my plans.

:bigear:

I know others have done it, but as a K12 user (not currently history, but I have used several years of their history programs), I would say that you'd really need to subscribe to the online portion to get the most out of the teacher/student pages. Yes, you could incorporate them, but it wouldn't be as complete.

Just my two cents. :001_smile:

We are planning on reading and outlining the text, using supplementary books on different civilizations from the library, reading historical fiction, and doing a timeline and map work. I didn't even know there were teacher and student pages, but even so I don't think I would use those.

I know others have done it, but as a K12 user (not currently history, but I have used several years of their history programs), I would say that you'd really need to subscribe to the online portion to get the most out of the teacher/student pages. Yes, you could incorporate them, but it wouldn't be as complete.

Just my two cents. :001_smile:

Thanks. This is good to know. I prefer not to use the teacher/student pages, but also don't want to miss something important.

With our previous history progams, we have been happy with outlines and summaries along with individual interest research papers. ;)

I've been thinking of using it with Creek Edge task cards. Has anyone else done this? I was thinking that this would be a way of coming up with the projects etc to do with the HO book. I have bought the textbook but not the student pages etc.

• 2 weeks later...