Menu

do you ever google the names of old flames/ suitors?

That happened to me too! lol. I had a HUGE crush for a LONG time. We went to prom together and a month later someone told me the truth about why he wasn't interested!

:iagree::iagree:

Being an ex doesn't necessarily imply that having contact later in life means you want to get IN to someone's marriage. I genuinely care about the people in my past and I was friends with them BEFORE we had relationships.

:iagree: I never did understand the mentality that you get upset at the third party when the one responsible to YOU is your spouse.

You seriously would not be upset at a woman who pursued and had sex with your dh?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You seriously would not be upset at a woman who pursued and had sex with your dh?

I have been cheated on before, although I was not married to the offenders (but they were long term relationships)and no, I was never upset with the woman. She wasn't the one who made a commitment to me. The only instance where I think I would be upset with the woman is if it was a personal friend or family member of mine. THEN it would be personal for me because it was someone I trusted.

I have been cheated on before, although I was not married to the offenders (but they were long term relationships)and no, I was never upset with the woman. She wasn't the one who made a commitment to me. The only instance where I think I would be upset with the woman is if it was a personal friend or family member of mine. THEN it would be personal for me because it was someone I trusted.

Well, I consider it similar to a theft. I would be upset if someone broke into my house and stole my jewelry. Even if insurance paid for it.

And I had a cousin sleep with my XH. It was no more painful to me than the girl that I eventually divorced him over. She was an assailant in my life.

Well, I hadn't ever looked them up, but after reading this thread I figured I to see what they're up to. I googled the name of the guy I had a mad crush on in 7th grade who I couldn't even speak to. Couldn't find him. I guess his name is too common?? I googled the guy I had a mad crush on in 9th grade who I couldn't even speak to and couldn't find him either. :confused: So I googled my first love and couldn't find him either. :tongue_smilie: Either I'm really bad at looking people up or I'm really not meant to know what they are up to. :p I'm only mildly curious anyway. I would never want to know more than a cursory, "so that's what they're up to these days" anyway. I'd never contact anybody though.

((((ocelotmom)))) sorry.

It's fine :) Everyone else is right - the marriage was already in trouble. The old boyfriend was just the catalyst.

And I think that, overall, they're both happier apart.

And it's definitely given me some immunity to grass is greener syndrome, especially since the second marriage didn't last.

So many boys I had crushes on came out later on. I was quite clueless! There was this one boy I met when we were about 13, and for years I had a little crush on him. By the time we were 18 or so, I was starting to figure it out...

I had that habit, too. Though it took me a while longer to catch on.

Not cool at all!!!

I googled a guy and came across a court document (in his town) convicting him of something with a child, now on the sex offender list. :( we broke up because he got a letter from somewhere accusing him of abuse with his neice. He cant read well, so i read him the letter, and he was very weird in his denial, and i left him.

No more google for me.

I totally accidentally stumbled across a link (possibly from here!) to a sex offender who I'm about 75% sure is the ex of one of my good high school friends. It wouldn't surprise any of us who knew him if it were true.

Well, I consider it similar to a theft. I would be upset if someone broke into my house and stole my jewelry. Even if insurance paid for it.

And I had a cousin sleep with my XH. It was no more painful to me than the girl that I eventually divorced him over. She was an assailant in my life.

:grouphug: That is a horrible thing to go through and I'm sorry for your pain. I don't disagree with your feelings, it's just that mine are different. That doesn't mean I think yours are invalid at all.