Menu

3rd grade LA recommendations?

hsmom10

Hello, I am having the hardest time figuring out what to use for my rising 3rd grader next year for LA. I would like to find something that has both grammar and writing together. My oldest will be using Hake/Saxon along with finishing up IEW SWI-A. My rising 3rd grade is not ready for IEW. She is currently using Sonlight LA 2, and it is not a good fit for her (or me). I think I like a more traditional, solid approach, but am also really drawn toward LLATL for her (just worry it is too light). I already have the next level in Sonlight LA, and my idea is to have a stronger stand alone program, but I may try to incorporate some of Sonlight in. I would say she is on the young/weaker side of 3rd grade. Thank you!

If you're interested in possibly using SL LA or LLATL, what is it that is 'light'- the grammar? That's what I usually hear- so maybe use what you have and just add a grammar program to it- there are so many options =). If it's writing too- find something that has both- like Essentials in Writing? Winning with Writing, Growing with Grammar , or what TWTM recc.? FLL, WWE?

Or complete programs R & S; programs from Winterpromise, Reading Pathways- not sure it's complete or what level it is.

Just throwing something out there- have not had personal experience with these programs but thought I'd throw it out there and maybe someone will have something else to share! :001_smile: