Menu

Beautiful Feet Geography Maps

Homemama2

I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the money on these maps or not and need some opinions. :D

I'm using BF geog. this fall with my 3rd and 5th grader. At RR, the maps are $14.95 per set of 4 maps. (I'm guessing I would need two sets...)

The reason I can't decide if I want to buy them is because even though they are really big and sturdy looking, I just bought Map Trek (the hardback book and cd) to go with our history this year to the tune of around $43. So we're talking about $70 JUST for maps for this fall!!! (Granted Map Trek should last us for years....)

Typing this out makes me feel like I'm crazy even asking....then again, those BF maps DO look nice! :lol: So what would you do? Get them or just use some of the Map Trek maps.

I attempted BF Geography a couple years ago with my son (about 8 yo at the time). He was too young to do much of the notebook or maps.

They were a nice size, but we did not put them on display. They were a light tan color & maybe had brown lines. You add colored pencil & fill in the names.

I think you could print something similar. Decide if you want to keep it in a notebook or frame it on a wall; & print that size. I remember two of the maps being similar in states they covered, one was vertical & the other horizontal. There are four & they each show a few states, not all 50.

I definitely think they are worth it. I have seen them occasionally used. As a matter of fact, I got my set used and they were in great condition. I tried to buy another set and they had been folded. Just make sure the seller doesn't fold them! Definitely adds a lot to any reading of the Holling books.

Here is a picture on my blog of some of the finished maps. Scroll about halfway down the page.

http://wildrootshome.blogspot.com/2010/12/week-in-review.html

Edited by woolybear
added something