Menu

Do lots of areas of the US have different pop brands?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny - 10 pages in and nobody has mentioned my favorite soda! Dr Pepper Cherry Diet

My husband and SIL LOVE that.

Red cream soda-it was a fountain drink at the Allsup's across from my college dorm in New Mexico, 20 or so years ago. Probably carcinogenic or something, but SO good!

I thought weirdly red things were a PA Dutch sort of thing. I grew up with beige cream soda and clear birch beer, but I see a lot of red varieties of both with PA regional labels on them.

It's funny how much I recall about soda. I didn't grow up drinking it other than at Very Special Events, and I rarely drink it now. We've had the same case of Maine Root ginger ale for a year - through two stomach bug seasons.

So we happened to stop by HEB today (it was a zoo!), and I thoroughly checked out the soda aisle. I bought a couple of the Mexican cokes, and I found a bunch of the brands mentioned here, including the tootsie roll flavored drink. One that I did not see mentioned, unless I missed it earlier was Crush in all flavors. I remember drinking that as a kid.