Menu

Question for TN homeschoolers who belong to HLA....

Have you ever split up your registration fee and paid it in two payments? I wondering if they will allow this. I have to pay that extra $50 for having a senior and I am having trouble scraping up the $150 total in one chunk.

Does anyone know if you are allowed to split the payment? I am sure they will answer me on Monday, but I thought maybe someone on here might know and answer more quickly.

I cp this from their Q&A page hope it helps

icon_post_target.gifby HLA Staff on Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:46 am

Dear Parent-Teachers,

After considerable prayer and discussion for over a year we have decided to add the above fees. These are being added in order to guarantee the best possible service. God is starting to bring us additional staff to help share the load and continue this ministry to families. We are so blessed and trust Him to always provide, just as he has all along. These extra fees will be applied directly to these additional staff positions in order to continue responding to your needs as quickly as possible.

If you are in the state of TN and do not have a senior this year the fees remain the same (Regular Annual Registration Fees are $50 for 1st student, $20 for each additional, $100 maximum per family.) If you are out of the state of TN and/or enrolling a senior the extra fee applies. Although, as always, we do not turn anyone down if they cannot pay registration fees. Please just let us know if you need to make special arrangements. These changes have been made to our web site and are now installed in our regular registration and renewal registration areas. Thank you again for letting us serve you and your family!

Last edited by HLA Staff on Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HLA Staff Site Admin Posts: 551 Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:10 pm Location: Memphis, TN

btw we love hla! we've used them for 3 years now.

forgot to add my name, I really need to put up a sig. :)

Mandie

Have you ever split up your registration fee and paid it in two payments? I wondering if they will allow this. I have to pay that extra $50 for having a senior and I am having trouble scraping up the $150 total in one chunk.

Does anyone know if you are allowed to split the payment? I am sure they will answer me on Monday, but I thought maybe someone on here might know and answer more quickly.

I'm sure they will. Also, as the poster above quoted, they will very likely waive fees if you cannot pay them. I have had dealt with them on different issues and can assure you that the people who are running this are doing it for the betterment of the homeschooling community, not to make a buck. I am certain that you won't have any problems registering with them due to lack of funds being available. These are some of the nicest people I have ever had business dealings with. As they have gotten larger, it is getting harder to get in touch with them though. When emails seem to not be getting through, I have phoned them and gotten instant results.

I'm sure they will. Also, as the poster above quoted, they will very likely waive fees if you cannot pay them. I have had dealt with them on different issues and can assure you that the people who are running this are doing it for the betterment of the homeschooling community, not to make a buck. I am certain that you won't have any problems registering with them due to lack of funds being available. These are some of the nicest people I have ever had business dealings with. As they have gotten larger, it is getting harder to get in touch with them though. When emails seem to not be getting through, I have phoned them and gotten instant results.

Oh, I can definetly pay it, I just hate to take that huge sum out of my budget in one fell swoop.

They are very nice. I actually used to be on the volunteer staff. I coordinated the first retreat and I was a middle school counselor for awhile.

I just thought maybe someone had split the fee up into payments and could tell me for sure how that is handled.

Oh, I can definetly pay it, I just hate to take that huge sum out of my budget in one fell swoop.

They are very nice. I actually used to be on the volunteer staff. I coordinated the first retreat and I was a middle school counselor for awhile.

I just thought maybe someone had split the fee up into payments and could tell me for sure how that is handled.

So, YOU are one of those I called the nicest people.:001_smile: Do you still go to the retreats? I've been tempted, but it seems to always fall on a weekend right after a busy weekend...

So, YOU are one of those I called the nicest people.:001_smile: Do you still go to the retreats? I've been tempted, but it seems to always fall on a weekend right after a busy weekend...

I have not been to a retreat since the first one! Are they having one this year?