Menu

What do you know about Reggio Emilia?

I have a bunch of links to info on my pinterest board: http://pinterest.com/mommymilkies/homeschooling/

Bringing Reggio Emilia Home is a good start. A google search will turn up some good blogs, too. I don't have the links on my laptop right now. It's an early childhood philosophy involving free access to art materials, lots of professional art help (not always feasible), using found materials, beautiful spaces, and documentation of their work.

If you search "Reggio Emilia" on amazon, you'll get a good list of books to read.

Bringing Reggio Emilia Home is a good start. A google search will turn up some good blogs, too. I don't have the links on my laptop right now. It's an early childhood philosophy involving free access to art materials, lots of professional art help (not always feasible), using found materials, beautiful spaces, and documentation of their work.

Yes, the daycare my kids attended had a Reggio Emilia inspired art studio and art teacher. It was wonderful the way they explored life through art.

I have a bunch of links to info on my pinterest board: http://pinterest.com/mommymilkies/homeschooling/

If you search "Reggio Emilia" on amazon, you'll get a good list of books to read.

Thanks!:)

And how do you pronounce the first part of the name? :)

I was reading something and this name came up. I guess this is an early childhood education method? Please tell me what you know. :bigear:

I'll be going to the library in a few hours, so book suggestions would be great as well!

Don't know about it as it relates to homeschool, but Reggio Emilia is a region in Italy. For pronunciation think: ray-geo A-meal-ya (accent on second to last syllables).