Menu

How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor book??

I don't know what it is in the book but I have used black tea bags placed on the eyes. On my older child I did try lemon juice in the eye. He was not too fond of that but it did work. If you are still nursing, breast milk will clear it up.

Breast milk if you are nursing works great.

If not nursing.....I use warm compresses of black tea...and triple antibiotic or neosporin on the eyelid and under the eye...not getting it IN the eye itself. That worked better than the antibx from the doc. And cleared up a round of pink eye from hell....

Most pink eye is viral, so warm compresses to relieve pain is about all that can be done for that. Our pedi says if the infection is not gone in 24 hours, then get eye drops from him. If it is bacterial please do not wait long to get it cleared up. A friend's dd is partially blind in one eye due to a nasty infection that was not treated soon enough.

Does anyone have a copy of this book? If so, could you tell me what he recommends for Pink Eye. I had a copy, but I don't currently have it.

Thank you!

From p. 158

"There is no need for you to be able to distinguish between the types of conjunctivitis, but if your child is a frequent sufferer from this condition, you should suspect and look for an allergic cause. None of these conditions requires immediate medical attention, either, but if the purulent discharge of catarrhal conjunctivitis persists for several days, it may warrant a visit to the doctor for treatment with a topical antibiotic. In most cases your child's conjunctivitis will respond to gentle cleansing of the eyes with boiled (but not hot) water and a clean cloth."

We really like that book! :001_smile:

From p. 158

"There is no need for you to be able to distinguish between the types of conjunctivitis, but if your child is a frequent sufferer from this condition, you should suspect and look for an allergic cause. None of these conditions requires immediate medical attention, either, but if the purulent discharge of catarrhal conjunctivitis persists for several days, it may warrant a visit to the doctor for treatment with a topical antibiotic. In most cases your child's conjunctivitis will respond to gentle cleansing of the eyes with boiled (but not hot) water and a clean cloth."

We really like that book! :001_smile:

Thanks so much for looking that up for me! I really appreciate it!