Menu

What science programs did you use with a 5th grader?

praisefor3

We used Apologia's Exploring Creation with Botany for the second semester of 5th last year. First semester was WTM biology, but we had a new baby so it wasn't as thorough as I would have liked. Botany went very well and DS enjoyed it.

FWIW, in 4th grade we did a couple of the Science in a Nutshell kits recommended in WTM for physics. Those were a big hit too. Next year in 6th we'll do Apologia's Exploring Creation with Astronomy in the fall and WTM earth science in the Spring...or something like that anyway.

We used SOS this year. Someone actually gave it to us for free, so I figured if she did something on the computer it would give me some one-on-one time with our son in Pre-K. She actually loved her science this year and usually wanted it to be one of her first subjects. I added it to it a little with things from the library that fit into the units. It had a few experiments, but I think that must vary from year to year with them. Some years must have more than we did. We will do it again this year (the same person is giving me 6th). I will probably switch to Apologia by high school because I've taught Apologia Biology and Chemistry and like them. SOS doesn't offer anything higher than Physics.

Amy of GA

Darin's wife for 17 years

11yo dd

5yo ds