Menu

Update on the Horrible, Terrible House Clean-out Project

Thanks to all who have posted encouragement and sent up prayers for us!

1) Missing jewelry item: found in her things that were packed and went with her, not in her dresser drawers, which is a huge reason for sending up prayers of thanksgiving and praise! (More on this later)

2) Garage sale went spectacularly. No rain the day of--the weather was clear, sunny, and with a lovely breeze. Held the garage sale under the massive tree and on the covered back porch. Had people in to view the backyard lake, but no one went into the house. The dishes still all had water in them from the previous afternoon's rain storm (leaky porch roof), but no one seemed to mind. We just kept handing people old towels. : ) We took names and email addresses for anyone interested in buying the house when it goes on the market. Thank you to all who prayed and sent up good thoughts for this as well.

3) The family members we are doing this for have wonderfully decent, helpful friends. It speaks to whom the family members are as people--they are genuinely loved--and that has been good for me to see, since I'd like to wring their necks, since they can't seem to throw a darn thing away. The wonderful with the dreadful, I suppose.

4) Remember I asked for prayers for safety and no thieves? Oh, well. That night, after the garage sale, there was a break-in. Apparently someone cased the place and came back for what was left. I was horrified that they might have gotten the jewelry item mentioned in #1 above, as I had not had a chance to go through the dresser with a fine tooth comb--too busy pulling salable stuff out for the garage sale. (You don't sell a lady's slips and curlers, ya know? : ) ) We didn't know until a full day later that she had found it.

5) Prayer request: we still needs buyers for some larger-than-garage-sale items, including an older car and a houseful of lovely, brand name, vintage furniture. (I'm very thankful to God that the car was off premises at the mechanic's house the night of the break-in. People had been looking at it all day, and the thieves probably would have jacked it, too. Apparently there is a thriving market for cheap but serviceable older cars here.) We need the buyers quickly, as we are wrapping this up soon. Thanks for praying.

Could you all please keep this bumped today?

I'm ever so greatful! Thank you for your encouragement through this!

Edited by Valerie(TX)

4) Remember I asked for prayers for safety and no thieves? Oh, well. That night, after the garage sale, there was a break-in. Apparently someone cased the place and came back for what was left.

Oh my, that's terrible! Did they get much of worth?