Menu

Has anyone tried the Pillsbury Crusty French Loaf?

It comes in one of those pop dough tubes and I didn't have high expectations when I first bought it.

The first two loaves were great! Crispy crust, chewy interior. I was impressed that it came from a tube.

Tonight, however, we tried it for the third time and it was completely different. Barely had a crust at all and had a doughy interior. To be honest, it tasted exactly like their other pop dough tube products.

Anyone else?

Typically, we don't have bread with meals, but dh loves bread, so I make it upon occasion. Rarely, I will buy Pillsbury tubes for vacations, etc., because they're easy. Every time I've made the French bread, it has been crusty on the outside and soft inside. My father-in-law would eat it daily. I think you must have gotten a dud.

Agree: it was a dud, or you didn't cook it as long as you thought you did. I have made them and they were fine.

:iagree: We don't have it often, but when we've had it, it's always been crispy outside, soft inside. I mostly buy it when I need to make decorative bread slices for canapes. I stick it in a Pampered Chef tube and cook it.

Agree: it was a dud, or you didn't cook it as long as you thought you did. I have made them and they were fine.

I appreciate the feedback. This must be it. I was trying hard to time everything to come out at the same time and I may have jumped the gun on the bread. The funny thing is, one DD liked it BETTER this time. :tongue_smilie: