Menu

Carol's Affordable Curriculum OR The Learning Box

How old are your kiddos? We used CAC Sonshine when my big girl was 2.5 and she enjoyed it. I did have to beef it up for her but overall I was happy with it. It included everything we needed except glue, scissors and crayons. All crafts supplies like google eyes, Popsicle sticks, construction paper, string, felt, etc. came in the monthly box. The instruction guide was simple. The whole thing is very "mom and pop". We also used the summer craft set with both girls. I just had the girls make the crafts, I didn't follow the lessons.

All in all, it's cute and basic. I thought it was a great way to gently begin homeschooling for us.

Can anyone give examples of the summer crafts for Carol's Afffordable Curriculum? DD is very artsy and can never seem to get enought cutting, pasting and creating. DS might be interested too.

Also, how long from ordering does it take! Wondering if they ship the box parcel post?

We've ordered a couple of times from Carol's and they shipped ours fast - priority USPS. The kit appears to be designed for a daycare, with the instruction booklet including things like USDA-style menus and such. I go through the supplies and organize the materials by each day's activity.

I've been happy with what we're getting, especially for the price. Nothing super complex or time-consuming, just simple, straight-forward little-kid crafts for every day. They follow themes for the month, and tie in with major holidays and such. They have a Christian "verson" and a secular version.

HTH!

Tracey in Oregon

We've ordered a couple of times from Carol's and they shipped ours fast - priority USPS. The kit appears to be designed for a daycare, with the instruction booklet including things like USDA-style menus and such. I go through the supplies and organize the materials by each day's activity.

I've been happy with what we're getting, especially for the price. Nothing super complex or time-consuming, just simple, straight-forward little-kid crafts for every day. They follow themes for the month, and tie in with major holidays and such. They have a Christian "verson" and a secular version.

HTH!

Tracey in Oregon

Thanks so much for answering my questions!